Skip to main content

WALK IN HIS LIGHT. Tuesday, March 12th.

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

WALK IN HIS LIGHT.

Tuesday, March 12th.

Pastor Chris

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16). 

The reason some Christians find themselves struggling with the flesh is that they’re not living the Word (James 1:22). The Word of God is clear: Walk in the Spirit, and you’ll not fulfil the lusts or desires of the flesh, as our opening verse states.  

Some have been trying to crucify the flesh for a long time to no avail. God never told us to crucify the flesh, because the flesh has already been crucified; it happened the moment you were born again. Galatians 5:24 says, “And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.” 

So, if you’re struggling with the flesh, simply stop; just act on the Word; walk according to the life and nature of God that’s in your spirit. 1 John 1:7 tells us to walk in the light, as He (God) is in the light; in other words, walk in the light of God’s provisions for you in Christ, as revealed in the Word.

For example, Romans 6:14 says, “For sin shall not have dominion over you…”; therefore, if you find yourself struggling with a sinful habit, don’t become frustrated! Use the Word. Affirm, “I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; sin has no power over me. I refuse to be entangled by any yoke of bondage. I put a stop to this habit, in Jesus’ Name.” Make this declaration and begin to walk in its light, and sin shall not lord it over you. Hallelujah!

                PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for enlightening me on the path of life through your Word; your Word is light and full of glory. I walk in the light of my righteousness, exercising dominion over Satan, sin, and the flesh with its affections and lusts. I’ve overcome the world, and I live triumphantly every day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY: Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Romans 6:14-18 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Mark 15:1-20 & Numbers 32-33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan=> Matthew 22:15-22 & Exodus 21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 TUESDAY

  OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 TUESDAY: LET THEM FLY OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 MEMORISE: And it shall come to pass afterward, that l will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: Joel 2:28 OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 READ: Numbers 11:10-29: 10 Then Moses heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent: and the anger of the Lord was kindled greatly; Moses also was displeased. 11 And Moses said unto the Lord, Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me? 12 Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers? 13 Whence should I have flesh to give unto all ...