Skip to main content

SUNDAY 25TH NOVEMBER 2018 THEME: MERCY VERSUS JUDGEMENT

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 25TH NOVEMBER 2018

THEME: MERCY VERSUS JUDGEMENT

MEMORISE:
He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy. Proverbs 29:1

READ: Psalm 103:17-22

17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

22 Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.

MESSAGE

Our God is a holy God. At the same time, He is Love. From time to time, the holiness of God and the love of God may clash. His holiness will direct Him to go one way while His love will direct Him to go the other way. These two divine attributes may therefore seem to be at odds with each other. When the love of God wins we obtain mercy, but when His holiness triumphs, we get judgement. Many times, God's holiness deliberately allows His love to keep winning. Why? Because it knows that it is already settled that without holiness, no man shall see God (Hebrews 12:14). Our deeds often deserve God's judgement, but the love of God triumphs, and we obtain mercy. One thing is certain: it is because the love of God wins that we are able to see another day. Thank God for His mercies, because they are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23). Love is optimistic, always saying to God, "Don't lose hope in him; he will get better; let's give him another day to repent and become holy." However, a day will come when God's judgement will take its course.

On the basis of the scripture that says "the mercy of God endures forever", some people make several ridiculous claims. Some of them say "I can do whatever I like; the mercy of God that has helped me thus far will keep forgiving me forever." Some even prepare their confessional plea before they commit sin! They say to God, "Please forgive me for this lie I am about to tell." Such people are only deceiving themselves. The fact that God's love grants us access to His mercy does not mean that God is stupid. Yes, the mercy of God endures forever, but not for those who do not fear Him. Psalm 103:17-18 says:

“But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.”

Those who fear God are wise enough to know that any pleasure derived from sin is actually poisoned. If you fear Him, you will know that although He is a very good friend, He can also be a very dangerous enemy. If He decides to fight you, no one can rescue you from His hands. It is folly for a child to keep annoying his or her father just because he or she was forgiven yesterday. One day, the father with turn to that child with a rod, and because the child has been steadily building up annoyance in the heart of the father, that rod will do some serious havoc. I pray that God will touch your heart and take away every appetite for sin in Jesus' Name.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me a heart of flesh that yields to your corrections in Jesus' Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezekiel 27-28, John 3:1-21

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 5: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

3. Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow;
Though none go with me, I still will follow
No turning back, no turning back.

4. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

5. Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
No turning back, no turning back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the