Skip to main content

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2019 THEME: DON'T BRAG

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
(FOR TEENS)
DATE: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2019
THEME: DON'T BRAG
MEMORISE: A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. John 3:27
Read: 2 Corinthians 10:17-18
17. But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
18. For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.
MESSAGE:
What is your attitude when you do well at something? Do you boast about how good you are at it? If you do, then you need to turn a new leaf. You need to realise that it is not by your power or might that you did well at that thing. You did not give yourself the talents and abilities that you have, you were born with them. If it about your beauty, did you create yourself? There is nothing that you have or can do that you should not thank God for.
When you do well at something, always see it as an opportunity to draw attention to God. He said if He is lifted up, He will draw men unto Him. This also implies that men will come to the person that is lifting Him up. If you want to do better and be celebrated more, then always give Him glory. This is one of the secrets of my continuous success.
PRAYER POINT:
Lord, I am sorry for all the times that I took your glory. I promise to always give you the glory for my all my success from now on in Jesus' name.
BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Proverbs 25-27, 2 Corinthians 6
Hymn 8
1. Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes
Most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of days,
Almighty, victorious, Thy great name we praise.
2. Unresting, unhasting, and silent as light,
Nor wanting, nor wasting, thou rulest in might;
Thy justice like mountains high soaring above,
Thy clouds which are fountains of goodness and love.
3. To all life thou givest to both great and small;
In all life Thou livest, the true life of all;
We blossom and flourish as leaves on the tree,
And wither and perish, but nought changeth Thee.
4. Great Father of Glory, pure Father of Light,
Thine angels adore Thee, all veiling their sight;
All laud we would render; o help us to see;
'Tis only the splendor of light hideth Thee.
5. Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes
Most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of days,
Almighty, victorious, Thy great name we praise.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
(FOR TEENS)
DATE: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2019.
THEME: GROWING COLD?
MEMORISE: So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Revelation 3:16
READ: Revelation 3:15-19
15. I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
MESSAGE:There are certain signs that show that a person is getting cold spiritually. When you start looking for excuses not to attend church services anymore, when you prefer to listen to secular music rather than gospel, when you no longer find reading your Bible interesting or when a five minute prayer is now looking too long to you, you are getting cold.
When you notice these things there are certain things that you must immediately begin to do. The Bible says iron sharpened iron (Proverbs 27:17), so ensure you resume attending church and participating in church in activities. Then go on a personal retreat where you will rededicate your life to God. The most effective thing to do is to fast. Fasting helps to kill the flesh and awaken the spirit. Make sure that while you fast, you are feeding on the word of For and praying constantly.
KEY POINT:
It is only a cold Christian that the devil can touch, the hot ones will burn him if you he tries to touch them.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Proverbs 28-29, 2 Corinthians 7
Hymn 7.
1. I am Thine 0 Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow'r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
AUTHORS: Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the