Skip to main content

SUNDAY 5TH JANUARY 2020.THEME: GRATEFUL HEART II.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE:  SUNDAY 5TH JANUARY 2020.

THEME: GRATEFUL HEART II.

MEMORISE:

 O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 107:1

READ:  Psalm 100:1-5

1Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

MESSAGE:

One of the ways in which Christians displease God is by being ungrateful for the things He has done for us. We take many of things for granted, whereas they are fundamental to our wellbeing. For example, if you are complaining that God did not give you new shoes, have you considered that, if you didn’t have legs, shoes wouldn’t be an issue.? Ingratitude displeases Him. Many years ago, after a power=packed crusade, I and my children kept talking about the great move of God in the car on the way back to the hotel where I was lodged. On getting to the hotel, the fellow on the passenger side got out quickly to open the door for me. I don’t know how my hand got in the way of his door, but as he slammed it shut, it hit my fingers and I tell you; it was painful. In my pain, I cried to God “why did you let this happen, Lord?” and He said “You kept talking about the miracles that happened in the crusade; did you even bother to say ‘thank you’ to me?” Then I said “Lord, I am sorry, thank You for Your great move during the crusade.” God expects you to be grateful at all times. He is also very jealous about His glory. Isaiah 42:8 says:

“ I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.”

There was another time when I displeased Him because I thought He had not done anything for me that merited thanksgiving, I began to lay out all the things I had expected in the course of the year but didn’t get. God interrupted me and asked “How many times did you travel this year?” I said “Many times.” How many times did you have an accident?” He asked. I responded None.” He continued “How many times did you sleep?” I quickly interrupted Him because I realized how ungrateful I had been.

I want your attitude to thanksgiving to be different from now. Make thanksgiving your lifestyle. Always look for reasons to thank God, no matter how you may feel.

ACTION POINT:

Write ten things you are grateful to God for and thank Him all through today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Job 6-9

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 3: BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE.
1. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
All ye that are upright in heart;
And ye that have made Him your choice,
Bid sadness and sorrow depart.
o Refrain:
Rejoice, rejoice,
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice;
Rejoice, rejoice,
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice.

2. Be joyful, for He is the Lord
On earth and in Heaven supreme;
He fashions and rules by His word—
The “Mighty” and “Strong” to redeem.

3. What though in the conflict for right
Your enemies almost prevail?
God’s armies, just hid from your sight,
Are more than the foes which assail.

4. Though darkness surround you by day,
Your sky by the night be o’ercast,
Let nothing your spirit dismay,
But trust till the danger is past.

5. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice,
His praises proclaiming in song;
Let gratefulness give all a voice,
The loud hallelujahs prolong!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the