Skip to main content

Open Heavens 11 December 2023 — Embrace His Word Completely

 


TOPIC: Embrace His Word Completely

MEMORISE:"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9

READ: Matthew 15:7-9 (KJV)

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Colossians 1-4

Open Heaven For Today 11 December 2023 MESSAGE:

Occasionally, particularly when I find myself amongst top academicians and theologians, they like to tell me that you can believe whatever is in the New Testament, but the Old Testament should not be believed.

This is because anytime they find something in the Old Testament that is not convenient for them, they want to brush it aside.

Malachi 3:10 for example that talks about how tithing is ignored by such people. They ignore Proverbs 3:9-10 too.

Then I ask them, what about Isaiah 54:17 which says no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper?

What about “The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want” in Psalm 23:1? What about Deuteronomy 28:13 which says you shall be head and not the tail, you shall be above only and not beneath?

I encourage you to know that every Scripture is written by the Holy Spirit and every bit of it must be embraced. Aside from Scripture, there are people who do something and say, “God will understand”.

The Bible does not say anywhere that God understands sin, but rather that He hates it. Psalm 5:4 is very clear about this: For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

If you call yourself a Christian, you have to stay away from sin. 2 Timothy 2:19 says: Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.

And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. If you are lukewarm, God pushes you out of Himself forcefully and if you are away from God, then you are with the devil.

He says in Revelation 3:16, “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

”Don’t be lukewarm. If you jettison holiness during tough times, then you are not a child of God.

Open Heaven For Today 11 December 2023 Devotional: Key Point

Your claim to Christianity is not genuine if you live holy only when it is convenient for you.


Open Heaven For Today 11 December 2023 HYMN 23: – Take My Life And Let It Be

1 Take my life and let it be

consecrated, Lord, to thee.

Take my moments and my days;

let them flow in endless praise,

let them flow in endless praise.


2 Take my hands and let them move

at the impulse of thy love.

Take my feet and let them be

swift and beautiful for thee,

swift and beautiful for thee.


3 Take my voice and let me sing

always, only, for my King.

Take my lips and let them be

filled with messages from thee,

filled with messages from thee.


4 Take my silver and my gold;

not a mite would I withhold.

Take my intellect and use

every power as thou shalt choose,

every power as thou shalt choose.


5 Take my will and make it thine;

it shall be no longer mine.

Take my heart it is thine own;

it shall be thy royal throne,

it shall be thy royal throne.


6 Take my love; my Lord, I pour

at thy feet its treasure store.

Take myself, and I will be

ever, only, all for thee,

ever, only, all for thee.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the