Skip to main content

FRIDAY 12TH JULY 2019 THEME: FIGHTING GOD?

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 12TH JULY 2019

THEME: FIGHTING GOD?

MEMORISE:

Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in me, that they are gone far from me, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain? Jeremiah 2:5

READ: Isaiah 45:5-9

5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.

9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

MESSAGE

The title of today ‘s devotion is a question we all need to answer. Is it possible for a mere mortal to fight God? The word of God makes it clear that even though it’s an exercise in futility, in reality, it is something people do. Psalm 2:1-3 says:

This scripture describes what is happening in our world today. The governments of several nations have taken counsel against God and against Jesus Christ, His anointed. Teachings about God have been thrown out of public schools, praying publicly in the Name of Jesus is forbidden, and preaching in public space in the Name of Jesus Christ is illegal in many societies. As prophesied in this scripture, some societies have cast away the Biblical cords of restraint that hitherto defined morality. In the name of freedom of though and self, they have broken off the bands of God’s commandments and created room for individuals to indulge in and advocate for all manner of profane lifestyles. People should remember that all those who towed this path in times past ended up being destroyed. You cannot fight against God without grave consequences.

Are you guilty of fighting God? Do you even believe in Him? Those who don’t believe God exist are indirectly saying that they are not answerable to His authority. This sets them in direct confrontation with God, and He can choose to prove His existence to them, pharaoh provoked God to prove Himself by this utterance in Exodus 5:2, saying:

“Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go.”

Those who provoke God to prove His existence and capabilities are fighting Him. Those who move God to jealousy by breaking the covenant they made with Him are also fighting Him (Isaiah 45:9; Jeremiah 2:5). The children of Israel broke the covenant they had with God by disobeying His ordinances. This made God jealous, causing His to fight against them. I pray that you will not provoke God’s anger in Jesus Name. what is the state of the covenant between you and the Lord Jesus Christ, which you entered into at the altar of repentance? Have you crucified Him afresh and put Him to shame by falling away from the truth (Hebrews 6:4-6)? Are abiding by the covenant to tithe, or have you joined scoffers to trample God’s commandment under foot? Beloved, in whatever area you are fighting God, repent today before it is too late.

ACTION POINT:

Examine whether you have broken any part of your covenant with God and repent.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:  Deuteronomy 31-32
Ezekiel 16:15-34

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 17:  HOLD THE FORT
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal, waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing, victory is nigh.

o Refrain:
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,” Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven, “By Thy grace we will.”

2. See the mighty host advancing, Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling, courage almost gone!

3. See the glorious banner waving! Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph over every foe.

4. Fierce and long the battle rages, but our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander, cheer, my comrades, cheer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS. MEMORISE: Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2 READ: Luke 13:6-9 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. MESSAGE “Be fruitful” is the very first statement God made to mankind. This statement was pronounced both as a blessing and command. It is therefore obvious that fruitfulness is the heartbeat...