Skip to main content

OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 FRIDAY

 


OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 FRIDAY: BETTER CALL HIM LORD NOW

OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 MEMORIZE: And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:11

OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING REVELATION 5:8-13

8. And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

9. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

11. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

12. Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 MESSAGE

All the creations of God call Him Lord. The birds sing His praises, the trees clap their hands to praise Him, the seas roar His praises, the mountains skip at His presence, even the sun and moon speak of His majesty.

In Mark 4:39, Jesus simply issued a command for there to be peace and the storm ceased immediately. Everyone present there marvelled and wondered what kind of man He was that even the seas obeyed Him. He however, has one creation that proves stubborn sometimes humans.

Many people, even with all that they can see and have heard of Him still don’t acknowledge Him as Lord. When I was a lecturer in the University, my seniors, people with tremendous academic achievements, were divided into categories whenever I was talking to them about Jesus.

One category would say, God is dead, another No, He is not dead. It may be true that He created the world because, from the little we see in science, it requires great intelligence to put the entire world together; but at the end of the day, He discovered that what He created was too big for Him and He has lost control.

The category of people who would want to be generous would then say, Well, whether He is dead or not, I don’t know. Whether He has lost control or not, I don’t know. One thing I know is that He is in Heaven minding His business and I am here on earth minding my own.

Philippians 2:10-11 says: “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

If you refuse to call Him Lord when you are at peace, you will be forced to call Him Lord when you are in trouble. Those who don’t make Him the Lord of their life early enough will have to kneel and confess that He is Lord after the rapture when they are either left behind on earth or in hell underneath the earth.

If you continue to reject His Lordship now because you want to live as you please, you will still call Him Lord from hell later. The choice is yours.

Father, I call you my Lord today and I promise to live my life according to Your word, now and always.

OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 HYMN

OPEN HEAVEN 26 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JEREMIAH 13:1-27, JEREMIAH 14:1-22, JEREMIAH 15:1-21, JEREMIAH 16:1-21  

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS. MEMORISE: Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2 READ: Luke 13:6-9 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. MESSAGE “Be fruitful” is the very first statement God made to mankind. This statement was pronounced both as a blessing and command. It is therefore obvious that fruitfulness is the heartbeat...