Skip to main content

FRIDAY 15TH JUNE 2018 PRAY, DON’T MURMUR

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: FRIDAY 15TH JUNE 2018
THEME: PRAY, DON’T MURMUR
MEMORISE:
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to
have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war,
yet ye have not, because ye ask not. James
4:2
READ: Exodus 15:22-26
22 So Moses brought Israel from the Red
sea, and they went out into the wilderness
of Shur; and they went three days in the
wilderness, and found no water.
23 And when they came to Marah, they
could not drink of the waters of Marah, for
they were bitter: therefore the name of it
was called Marah.
24 And the people murmured against
Moses, saying, What shall we drink?
25 And he cried unto the LORD; and the
LORD showed him a tree, which when he
had cast into the waters, the waters were
made sweet: there he made for them a
statute and an ordinance, and there he
proved them,
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken
to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do
that which is right in his sight, and wilt give
ear to his commandments, and keep all his
statutes, I will put none of these diseases
upon thee, which I have brought upon the
Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth
thee.
MESSAGE
One deadly habit that is very common
among the people of God today is
murmuring. Like the Israelites of old, many
children of God today engage in it without
even realising it! It is indeed a silent
destroyer. For this reason, the Holy Spirit
warns us against it in 1 Corinthians 10:10,
saying:
“Neither murmur ye, as some of them also
murmured, and were destroyed of the
destroyer.”
Do you know that there are times we think
we are praying but we are actually
murmuring?
In our Bible reading, the children of Israel
were at Marah, where they found water that
was not drinkable because it was bitter.
Despite all that God had done for them, they
did not consider that He already knew that
they would pass through Marah and would
have gone ahead of them to make provision
for the water they would drink. All they
could think of doing was to murmur about
the bitter water. The characters at play in
the events that occurred at Marah are
indicative of the two types of Christians we
have in the Church today. The first type
behaves like the multitude who murmured,
while the second type behaves like Moses
who cried to the Lord for a solution. It is
interesting to note that the murmuring of
the multitude was an exercise in futility
because their murmurings did not change
the bitterness of the water. The prayer of
Moses, on the other hand, yielded positive
results because his cry to God moved God
into action. God showed him what to do to
reverse the situation, and the people's need
for good water was met. This mirrors what
is happening with Christians today. We
murmur about what we desire and the lack
of it, instead of actually asking God and
trusting that if He wills, our prayers will be
answered.
Beloved, you need to ask yourself today
which type of Christian you are between the
two types we have considered. I beseech
you to examine your prayer life and
relationship with God before answering this
question. Are you the type of Christian
mentioned in our memory verse, just lusting,
desiring and fighting for things but yet
getting nothing? You need to ask God to
reveal to you the truth on where you stand
today. May the Almighty God hear your
prayer in Jesus' Name.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please forgive me for all the
murmuring I have done against You
consciously or unconsciously; I promise not
to do so again. Please turn my unpleasant
situation around today in Jesus’ Name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 12-13, Acts 10:44-11:18
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 2: I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR
1. I Need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.
Chorus:
I need Thee, Oh, I need Thee,
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh bless me now, my Saviour;
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour;
Stay Thou near by;
Temptations lose their pow'r
When Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour;
Teach me Thy will,
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfil.
5. I need Thee every hour,
Most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the