Skip to main content

WEDNESDAY 6TH JUNE 2018 SOMETHING MORE THAN GOLD

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: WEDNESDAY 6TH JUNE 2018
THEME: SOMETHING MORE THAN GOLD.
MEMORISE:
Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none;
but such as I have give I thee: In the name
of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
Acts 3:6
READ: Acts 1:3-8
being seen of them forty days, and speaking
of the things pertaining to the kingdom of
God:
4 And, being assembled together with them,
commanded them that they should not
depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the
promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye
have heard of me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye
shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not
many days hence.
6 When they therefore were come together,
they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at
this time restore again the kingdom to
Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to
know the times or the seasons, which the
Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the
Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be
witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in
all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the
uttermost part of the earth.
MESSAGE
In Matthew 13:45, our Lord Jesus Christ
likened the kingdom of heaven to precious
pearl which a merchant sought. On finding
just one of great value, he went and sold all
that he had to buy it. In other words, there
are some things worth more than gold,
which every wise man or woman must go
after. In addition to the kingdom of God, the
anointing of the Holy Spirit is another of
such things. I have on several occasions
encouraged our ministers to seek the
anointing more than any material thing.
Today’s memory verse confirms the prime
value of the anointing over any material
thing in the life of a believer, particularly
ministers of God. Although the early Church
leaders did not have much in terms of
material possessions, they were rich in the
anointing of the Holy Ghost. One ordinary
day, Peter and John were going into the
temple for prayers when they saw a man
who had been lame from his mother’s
womb begging them for alms. The lame
man was used to receiving alms, but Peter
and John had nothing to give except the
anointing. This anointing caused the lame
man to rise up and walk. What Peter and
John had was more than gold.
In the Bible text, we read about the promise
Jesus Christ made to his disciples
concerning the Holy Spirit, who is the Giver
of the anointing. Jesus told His disciples that
they must wait for the coming of the Holy
Spirit before they could begin to exercise
the authority in the Great Commission. For
you to receive the anointing, you must learn
to wait upon the Lord. it is worth waiting
for because after the Holy Ghost anointing
has come upon you, you will begin to
effortlessly do exploits for God just as Peter
was doing after he was baptized in the Holy
Ghost.
Beloved, it is wisdom to prefer the Holy
Ghost anointing to material things because
at the end of the day, the anointing will
attract those things that men run after to
you. A classic example of a wise servant of
God was Elisha, who demanded the double
portion of his master’s anointing. It is rather
unfortunate that the man who should have
inherited the anointing of Elisha chose to
inherit material things from an ex-leper.
Alas, he inherited leprosy long with the
material things he coveted (2 Kings
5:26-27). May that not be your story in Jesus’
Name. To receive the anointing, you must
believe in the Name of Jesus Christ and live
according to His standards. Develop a
relationship with the Giver of the anointing
by making Him your friend, and He will
readily release His power to you.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, the anointing of the Holy Spirit is
more than enough for me; please release it
to me today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 20;
Acts 6:1-7:3-22
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 15: NEARER MY GOD TO THEE.
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E’en though it be a cross that raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to
Thee. Nearer to Thee!
Though like the wanderer, the sun gone
down,
Darkness comes over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be nearer, my God, to
Thee. Nearer to Thee!
There let me see the sight, an open Heaven;
All that Thou sendest me, in mercy given;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to
Thee. Nearer to Thee!
Then, with my waking thoughts bright with
Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to
Thee. Nearer to Thee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the