Skip to main content

SUNDAY 1ST JULY 2018 ETERNAL SECURITY: AN ILLUSION

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SUNDAY 1ST JULY 2018
THEME: ETERNAL SECURITY: AN ILLUSION.
MEMORISE:
Notwithstanding I have a few things against
thee, because thou sufferest that woman
Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess,
to teach and to seduce my servants to
commit fornication, and to eat things
sacrificed unto idols.
Revelation 2:20
READ: Revelation 2:18-23
18 And unto the angel of the church in
Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of
God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of
fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19 I know thy works, and charity, and
service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy
works; and the last to be more than the first.
20 Notwithstanding I have a few things
against thee, because thou sufferest that
woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a
prophetess, to teach and to seduce my
servants to commit fornication, and to eat
things sacrificed unto idols.
21 And I gave her space to repent of her
fornication; and she repented not.
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and
them that commit adultery with her into
great tribulation, except they repent of their
deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death;
and all the churches shall know that I am he
which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I
will give unto every one of you according to
your works.
MESSAGE
One deadly error in some quarters of the
Christian faith is the doctrine of eternal
security. Those advancing this doctrine use
the scriptures to convince their followers
that one you are saved, you are forever
saved, irrespective of the type of the life you
live after receiving salvation. It is therefore
not surprising that in circles where this
doctrine is taught, a loose lifestyle of sin is
the norm. in order to appease the
conscience of their followers, some modern
day teachers of this doctrine have tried to
repackage it by redefining what sin is. Some
even teach that a Christian cannot sin. It is
unfortunate that some people still fall for
this old deception of the devil which
resurges from time to time.
When you critically examine the life of those
teaching this doctrine, you will observe that
they themselves fell into the error of this
falsehood because of secret sin in their lives
which they could not overcome. Instead
humbling submitting themselves to God in
an environment of accountability for their
character to be built up, they proudly
developed another “gospel” to justify
themselves and deaden their conscience.
The unfortunate thing is that several
innocent souls who genuinely want to serve
God end up being destroyed by these
teachers. Because they see such teachers
exhibiting the gifts of God, they believe that
whatever is coming from their mouths is
sanctioned by God. These beguiled souls
forget that Romans 11:29 says:
“For the gifts and calling of God are without
repentance.”
Based on the principle established by this
verse of scripture, a person who received
the gifts of God’s spirit while teaching
thetruth of the gospel will continue to
manifest these gifts after they fall into the
error of another “gospel”, even if it’s for a
while, it is for this very reason the Lord
Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:22-23 clearly said:
“ Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord,
have we not prophesied in thy name? and in
thy name have cast out devils? and in thy
name done many wonderful works? And
then will I profess unto them, I never knew
you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
From the words of the Master Himself, it is
obvious to any serious student of the Bible
that the working of miracles or
manifestation of the gifts of the spirit is not
a wholesale stamp of approval by God.
Therefore, beware! Any teaching not
founded in the totality of the truth in God’s
word should not be accepted, irrespective of
the charisma of the teacher. When it is all
said and done, you will stand alone to give
account of your life before God.
ACTION POINT:
Minister the truth of God’s word to those
who have ensnared by the false doctrine of
eternal security.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicle 21-22
Acts 20:17-35
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 12: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.
2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.
5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the