Skip to main content

OPEN HEAVENS 26TH OCTOBER 2023

 


OPEN HEAVEN 26 OCTOBER 2023 WEDNESDAY: NO ROOM FOR LAZINESS II

OPEN HEAVEN 26 OCTOBER 2023 MEMORIZE: But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. John 5:17 (KJV)

 OPEN HEAVEN 26 OCTOBER 2023 BIBLE READING Hebrews 4:8-11 (KJV)

8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

OPEN HEAVEN 26 OCTOBER 2023 MESSAGE

Some people take the work of Christ as an excuse for being lazy.

They think that because of God’s many promises, they can relax and not work. That is a big lie.

Even Paul – the Apostle of grace, worked (1 Corinthians 4:12). Anointed as he was, he laboured with his own hands.

Students who refuse to study but say: “It is written; the Holy Spirit will remind us” should note that He would only remind them of what they have studied.

If you don’t study, what would He remind you of?

The youths in our Churches and nations must stop looking for quick money and work diligently.

You have the internet and many things that have made your work easier.

Those who work hard never beg. They become strong, wealthy and very great.

Don’t spend all your time on social media or watching television.

The people you are watching are working hard to make something of themselves.

Many years ago, I was in my uncle’s house on a visit from school.

One day, there were masquerades outside the house, and everyone watched and cheered them while I was studying inside.

He came to me and said, “Won’t you go and see the masquerades?” I responded with a Yoruba proverb translated, “The person who will be watched does not go around watching people”.

My uncle reminded me of that day because now, l am being watched.

If you want to be great, you cannot be spending countless hours watching videos on social media. Get out there and work.

Some people only pray and fast and then complain when things don’t get better for them.

Praying and fasting are not the keys to success; they can only enhance your efforts.

If you put in no effort, then what will it enhance? One million multiplied by zero is equal to zero.

One of my sons says that you must pray like you will not work and work like you will not pray.

As prayerful as I am, even at my age, I wake up before the sun is up every morning to work.

I don’t say because I prayed for six hours last night, then I should sleep all morning today; that is not how I got to where I am now.

Believe me honestly, if you are lazy, God will not use you.

He needs diligent people; that is why Hebrews 11:6 says He only rewards those who diligently seek Him.

 OPEN HEAVEN 26 OCTOBER 2023 KEY POINT: Work hard today so you would not be a slave to others tomorrow.

 OPEN HEAVEN 26 OCTOBER 2023 HYMN

HYMN 19: Rock Of Ages, Cleft For Me

1 Rock of Ages, cleft for me, 
let me hide myself in thee; 
let the water and the blood, 
from thy wounded side which flowed, 
be of sin the double cure; 
save from wrath and make me pure. 

2 Not the labors of my hands 
can fulfill thy law’s demands; 
could my zeal no respite know, 
could my tears forever flow, 
all for sin could not atone; 
thou must save, and thou alone. 

3 Nothing in my hand I bring, 
simply to the cross I cling; 
naked, come to thee for dress; 
helpless, look to thee for grace; 
foul, I to the fountain fly; 
wash me, Savior, or I die.

4 While I draw this fleeting breath, 
when mine eyes shall close in death, 
when I soar to worlds unknown, 
see thee on thy judgment throne, 
Rock of Ages, cleft for me, 
let me hide myself in thee. 

OPEN HEAVEN 26 OCTOBER 2023 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: Luke 11-12

AUTHORS: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
PASTOR MRS FOLU ADEBOYE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 TUESDAY

  OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 TUESDAY: LET THEM FLY OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 MEMORISE: And it shall come to pass afterward, that l will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: Joel 2:28 OPEN HEAVEN 25 NOVEMBER 2025 READ: Numbers 11:10-29: 10 Then Moses heard the people weep throughout their families, every man in the door of his tent: and the anger of the Lord was kindled greatly; Moses also was displeased. 11 And Moses said unto the Lord, Wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant? and wherefore have I not found favour in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people upon me? 12 Have I conceived all this people? have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers? 13 Whence should I have flesh to give unto all ...