Skip to main content

MONDAY 3RD FEBRUARY 2020.THEME: LET YOUR MODRATION BE KNOWN 1

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE:  MONDAY 3RD FEBRUARY 2020.

THEME: LET YOUR MODRATION BE KNOWN 1

MEMORISE:

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Philippians 4:5

READ: Deuteronomy 4: 23-24

23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.

24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

MESSAGE 

This generation is generally called the digital age because with a handheld device, you can connect with anyone in the world. This is actually very good but the concern is in such device taking total control of you. These days, many are so preoccupied with their phones that they do not have time for God and what matters to Him. For some, the first thing they pick when they wake in the morning is the phone and not the Bible. Others can spend one hour on social media yet cannot spend same studying God’s word or praying. This shows that such hearts are more drawn to the phone than God. Don’t give the devil the liberty to rob you of God’s blessing.

Are you not already giving a phone the place of God? Have you observed that the position many take when using a phone is such that their heads are bowed? (Exodus 34:14). Exodus 20:2-3 says:

“I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”

If you have to delete applications on your phone that you are addicted to, do so. If it will take you to place a Bible over your phone at night so when you reach out for the latter in the morning, it is the former you would pick instead, do so. Put measures in place to ensure you prioritize activities that will make you grow spiritually.

Many Christians now prefer electronic Bibles. However, with the Bible applications on the phones and tablets, there would be distractions from other applications on the device and the Spirit in the word of God cannot minister to a distracted mind. If you must use the electronic Bible, it would be best to go offline to cut off distractions from calls and messages. I play the audio Bible before I go to bed so that all night, God’s word is being read aloud in my room while I am sleeping. You can do so too.

REFLECTION:

Which one takes more of your time daily, you Bible or social media? If it is the later, repent and commit to amending your ways.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 13-15

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMNAL: HYMN 2 – ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER

1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
o Refrain:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
5. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

HYMNAL: HYMN 2 – ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

CHORUS:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
CHORUS:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.

3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
CHORUS:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.

4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
CHORUS:
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020.THEME: NIGHT TIME.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: TUESDAY 3RD MARCH 2020. THEME:  NIGHT TIME. MEMORISE: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Matthew 13:25 READ: Acts 23:23-35 23 And he called unto him two centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred soldiers to go to Caesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearmen two hundred, at the third hour of the night; 24 And provide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe unto Felix the governor. 25 And he wrote a letter after this manner: 26 Claudius Lysias unto the most excellent governor Felix sendeth greeting. 27 This man was taken of the Jews, and should have been killed of them: then came I with an army, and rescued him, having understood that he was a Roman. 28 And when I would have known the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him forth into their council: 29 Whom I perceived to be accused of questions of their law, but to have nothing laid to his charge worthy of death

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth

Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth Prayer Points On Today’s Open Heavens: (Monday, February 4, 2019) – Embrace Truth 1.I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praises unto thy holy name, O most high God. 2.Father, in anyway I have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me, in Jesus’ name. 3.Father, in Your presence, there is fullness of joy, please, let my joy be full, 24/7, on a daily basis, in Jesus’ name. 4.Father, let every source of bitter water that has flown into my life, dry up, now, in Jesus’ name.    5.Father, please, do something for me and my family, this season, that will cause us to be glad and rejoice, for the rest of our lives, in Jesus’ name. 6.Father, please, do not allow sorrow to mix with my joy; let no power be able to cut short my joy and celebrations, in Jesus’ name. 7.Father, let Your joy be my portion and strength, all the days o

2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019

OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 – A CHILD OF ISSACHAR? OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 1 John 5:20 OPEN HEAVEN 2 JANUARY 2019 READ: 1 Chronicles 12:32 And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment. As we start another year, it is pertinent for us to have an understanding of the times we live in, in order for us to succeed. The good thing about understanding is that it belongs to God (Psalm 147:5). Today’s memory verse reveals that one of the reasons why the Lord Jesus Christ came to this world is to give us understanding. Click To Read – Rccg Prophecy For 2019 By Pastor E A Adeboye How then do we gain access to the