Skip to main content

Saturday 14, Jan, 17 - ACCESSING TRUE HUMILITY

Memorise: Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Philippians 2:3
Read: Philippians 2:3-8 (KJV)


3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

 Bible in one year: Matthew 27-28, Isaiah 10:20-11:5, Hymn: Sing hymn 9
open heavens
MESSAGE
One of the virtues that made the work of our salvation possible is humility. It took great humility for our Lord Christ to take up the form of a man and to die the shameful death of the cross. The secret of our Lord’s humility lies in the state of His mind. For this reason, the Holy Spirit in Philippians 2:5 says this to us.

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:”


Many Christians believe they are humble, but only adversity reveals a man’s true character. It takes the mind of Jesus being transplanted into you to experience true humility. God’s humility is not feigned like what we generally see today. A man behaves and speaks as though he is humble, but under provocation he throws caution to the wind. At this point, you will see how haughty or cocky he really is. Are you struggling to stay humble? Ask that the mind of Christ be made manifest in you today! Do not stop asking until you see yourself manifesting Christ humility. When you surrender your life to Jesus at salvation, the mind of Christ is grafted into your spirit (1st Corinthians 2:16). Open Heavens Devotional Saturday 14 January 2017:- accessing true humility. It however takes the sanctification experience to fully manifest this new mind without struggling. Through sanctification, there is an overflow of grace that is released to you, enabling you to easily manifest the nature of God that you have received through salvation.
We need true humility today like never before. Many years ago, I was the official interpreter for the founder of our church: translating his sermons from Yoruba, the local dialect, to English. Then one day, a pastor was asked to preach, and he came and asked me to interpret for him. I felt insulted. “Who do you think you are to be asking the interpreter of the General Superintendent to interpret for you?” I mused. Right then, God taught me a big lesson which cost me a lot, but thank God I was later restored. Later on, I became the General Overseer (G.O.) of the church, and I had the opportunity of visiting one of our church parishes. I got there during an evening service, and one of the deacons was about to preach. He had already opened his Bible to begin the message when he was told “the G.O. is here.” I was brought up to the altar and he said to me, “Thank God you are here sir, please go ahead and preach. “I answered, “No, you go ahead and preach, while I interpret for you.” “I can’t do that sir” he replied. Then I said, “I command you to.” For five minutes, he was shaking because here he was, a deacon preaching, and the G.O. was interpreting. The Holy Ghost then took control of him and he was able to focus on the word. Through humility, it becomes easy to submit one to another and to esteem others better than ourselves. Are you humble? Open heavens for today. 

Prayer Point
Father, grant me the grace to easily manifest the mind of Christ in humility every day.
Saturday 14 January 2017, Open Heavens Daily Devotional, written by Pastor E.A Adeboye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS. MEMORISE: Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2 READ: Luke 13:6-9 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. MESSAGE “Be fruitful” is the very first statement God made to mankind. This statement was pronounced both as a blessing and command. It is therefore obvious that fruitfulness is the heartbeat...