Skip to main content

Friday 13, Jan, 17 - THE BENEFITS OF REDEMPTION

Memorise: For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15
Read: Galatians 4:4-7 (KJV)


4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Bible in one year: Matthew 26, Isaiah 10:5-19, Hymn: Sing hymn 11
open heavens
MESSAGE
Anytime I remember what I suffered in the hands of Satan and his agents before I was redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, I cannot help but thank God for the salvation of my soul. As a matter of fact, fear was a major source of torment in my life before I met the Lord Jesus Christ. This fear was passed on to me by my mother, who later got saved by the grace of God. For fear that I might get killed, being her only male child, my mother sent me far away from my home-town. For several years I could not visit this town because I was afraid of death and I was afraid of the wicked people of this world. However, when the light of redemption beamed upon me and my family, we were liberated. This is why I am praying for you who may have been living in perpetual fear all the days of your life: that you will be delivered from the torment of fear in Jesus’ Name. Jesus did it for me and He will do it for you too. Deliverance from fear is one of the benefits of the redemption that Jesus Christ paid the utmost price for. Hear what the Bible says concerning this:


“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.” Hebrews 2:14-15

Another benefit of redemption is access to the throne of the Almighty God (Hebrews 4:16, Ephesians 2:18). At His throne, we lay down our petitions for His supernatural intervention over the challenges of our lives. Be assured in your spirit that once you are redeemed, you are in direct contact with the Almighty God. What brought about this privilege? Redemption! Open Heavens Devotional Friday 13 January 2017:- the benefits of redemption
For these reasons, if you are not yet saved, I am inviting you to the cross of Calvary, where Jesus Christ paid for your redemption in full. Confess your sins and accept Him as Lord and Saviour. Promise Him that you will abide by His Word and never to go back to the world. Something extraordinary will happen to you if you sincerely do this now. If you are a believer and you are still wallowing in fear, know that this is not your inheritance in Christ. Are you in doubt concerning your redemption in Christ? Consider where you may have missed your way and retrace your steps back to Calvary; restoration of your redemptions awaits you there. Open heavens daily devotional 2017

Prayer Point
Father, please don’t let the flesh, the world and the devil rob me of the benefits of my redemption in Christ. Let the whole world know that I am your child.
Friday 13 January 2017, Open Heavens Daily Devotional, written by Pastor E.A Adeboye

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS. MEMORISE: Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2 READ: Luke 13:6-9 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. MESSAGE “Be fruitful” is the very first statement God made to mankind. This statement was pronounced both as a blessing and command. It is therefore obvious that fruitfulness is the heartbeat...