Skip to main content

SATURDAY 9TH JUNE 2018 THE SURE ARMOUR III

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY 9TH JUNE 2018

THEME: THE SURE ARMOUR III

MEMORISE:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Ephesians 6:18

READ: Ephesians 6:10-18

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

MESSAGE

Today, we are reflecting on the final two components of the armour of God mentioned in our Bible text. These are prayer and supplication, characterised by perseverance. Regardless of the sophisticated weapons available to a soldier, if he or she cannot persevere, these weapons will have little or no effect. Therefore, it is very important to emphasise the attribute of perseverance in the place of prayer and supplication. Imagine what would have become of Daniel's requests and fasting if he had not persevered in prayers and supplication for 21 days (Daniel 10:2-13).

PRAYER
Prayer is the key with which we unlock the heavenly armoury in order to access divine weapons for our spiritual battles. Our Lord Jesus Christ said something about prayer that many Christians seem to ignore, particularly in spiritual warfare. At the garden of Gethsemane, He gave us this counsel:

“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41

Even the Almighty God who became man admits here that the flesh is weak. Therefore, to overcome temptation, we need to watch and pray. Adam's victory would have been glorious if he did not fall into the temptation of the devil. Little wonder when the second Adam came, He took the issue of prayer very seriously and also revealed the importance of prayer to us.

SUPPLICATION
To supplicate is to ask with every sense of humility and not in arrogance like the Pharisee in Luke 18:9-14. Arrogance and a sense of entitlement will not allow some children of God to persevere in the place of prayer. They time God in prayer and command Him to "do it now" or they will quit serving Him! Humility means surrendering to the will of God regardless of your desires and expectations. It is coming to God with trust that He will do what is best for you.

Beloved, the sure armour is Jesus Christ. He is the truth, the righteousness of God in us, the Good News of peace, and the Word of God personified. Our faith in Him earns us salvation. In His Name we receive answers to our prayers. Accept Him and put Him on today, and your victory is guaranteed.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that I can have an effective prayer life for total victory over my adversaries.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Kings 1-2, Acts 8:4-25

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 2: I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR

1. I Need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.

Chorus:
I need Thee, Oh, I need Thee,
Every hour I need Thee;
Oh bless me now, my Saviour;
I come to Thee.

2. I need Thee every hour;
Stay Thou near by;
Temptations lose their pow'r
When Thou art nigh.

3. I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.

4. I need Thee every hour;
Teach me Thy will,
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfil.

5. I need Thee every hour,
Most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son.

Comments

  1. Amen. Father I need thee always in my life and in the life of my children. Only You will we worship.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS. MEMORISE: Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2 READ: Luke 13:6-9 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. MESSAGE “Be fruitful” is the very first statement God made to mankind. This statement was pronounced both as a blessing and command. It is therefore obvious that fruitfulness is the heartbeat...