Skip to main content

THURSDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2020.THEME: THE BELOVED III.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE:  THURSDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2020.

THEME: THE BELOVED III.

MEMORISE:

 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. John 13:23

READ: John 13:21-26

21 When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

22 Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.

23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

24 Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.

25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

MESSAGE 

Jesus likes to be in the company of His co-laborers. Like we saw in His earthly ministry, at a time He was with “the five hundred”, then with “the seventy”, followed by “the twelve”, then ‘the three’, and finally ‘the one beloved’.

Imagine being a beloved in God’s company; you would be able to safely rest on His chest (John 13:23-26) and feel His heartbeat. You would hear secrets He won’t reveal to others.

“ He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.” Psalm 103:7

If there is going to be only one beloved of God in my generation, it must be me. I know I am God’s beloved because once in a while, He tells me secrets. He can tell you too, you only have to rest your head on His chest first. 

He can’t trust you with His secret if all you do is offer hasty prayers to Him rather than getting lost in His presence for hours every day.

The one who will receive special revelations from God must rest on His bosom daily. When by God’s grace, I announce the prophesies at the beginning of a new year, it is because I have spent time resting my head on the chest of my Master. Such revelations don’t come during five minutes prayers, they come with extended fellowship with God. During the Holy Ghost service, when by the inspiration of God, I say “There is someone here….” It is because I have shut myself in, fasting and praying, spending time on the chest of my Master for days before the programme.

If your head is just by the chest of the Master, you would have noticed that his heart is beating for souls. He is seriously looking for laborers who will win souls for Him. You can’t be His beloved and not talk to someone about Christ at every opportunity you have. If you want to become a beloved of God start behaving like one right away.

REFLECTION:
If you claim to be His beloved, where are the souls you have won for Him?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 1-4

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 7:  GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.

1. Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
o Refrain:
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see:
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

2. Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.

3. Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow—
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES SUNDAY, 15TH SEPTEMBER. LET THE WORD CONTROL YOUR VALUES For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (Romans 8:6). When the Bible talks about the carnal mind, it doesn’t mean a sinful mind per se, even though the carnal mind is prone to sin. A carnal mind means a mind that’s ordinary; of mere human understanding; just normal human life The person who’s carnally-minded, even though he’s born again, reasons and acts like the natural man. He lives according to the senses. He’s more attuned to, and concerned about the things of the flesh. The Word and the spiritual realities of the Kingdom hardly get his attention. Now, the Bible tells us that to live that way is enmity against God (Romans 8:7); meaning that the carnal Christian walks at cross-purposes with God. He’s not ruled by or subject to the Word of God; a state that leads to death—separation from everything gracious and divine!...

TUESDAY 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS?

OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 – LONGING TO KNOW JESUS? OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 MEMORISE: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; Philippians 3:10 OPEN HEAVEN 22 JANUARY 2019 READ: John 14:6-14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in t...

WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS.

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL DATE: WEDNESDAY 26TH JUNE 2019 THEME: THE DANGER OF FRUITLESSNESS. MEMORISE: Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2 READ: Luke 13:6-9 6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. MESSAGE “Be fruitful” is the very first statement God made to mankind. This statement was pronounced both as a blessing and command. It is therefore obvious that fruitfulness is the heartbeat...